Dynamic Motion Therapy®
Juvent's Dynamic Motion Therapy® (DMT) is a patented biomechanical stimulation system which promotes blood flow.
The Dynamic Motion Therapy vibration system gently stimulates the bone and muscles of an upright person. Simply standing on the Juvent DMT Platform for as little as 10 minutes a day is the alternative for building the often overlooked components of bone health. DMT motion is very safe and well within human safety standards for vibration.
About Dynamic Motion Therapy
- Gentle and noninvasive. Not related to agressive WBV platforms.
- The Juvent DMT utilizes a custom designed linear actuator comprised of a magnet and voice coil (similar to stereo speaker equipment) which provides a pure acoustical signal creating only vertical movement.
- DMT uses no electrical motors, cams, or eccentric weights.
- DMT transmits gentle, dynamic, specific and repetitive vertical displacements (vibration) applied to the soles of the feet.
- In a safety standard issued by the ISO, the signal used by the Juvent 1000 Platform (0.3g at 32-37 Hz) is indicated for safe use for exposures up to 4 hours per day.
How does Juvent's DMT work?When muscle activity declines, its role in assisting blood flow and bone generation is compromised.
Just as bone mineral density decreases with age, certain muscle fibre activity declines as well. Sarcopenia is the decline in either the number or size of muscle fibers in a muscle body, or the ability of the existing muscle fibers to contract efficiently. Aging people worry about conditions such as Alzheimer’s, cancer and heart attack, but sarcopenia is more prevalent. It is the major cause of loss of independent life style, either due to physical weakness or fractures caused by falls.
- Research Studies
- More information on Bone loss and Osteoporosis
- Why Muscle is Important for Osteoporosis Patients
History of DMT Research and Development
The Juvent signal delivers stimulation to muscle fibers without any strenuous effort on the part of the user – simply standing on the platform for as little as 10 minutes a day provides maximum benefit. With the aging population , balance is of paramount importance in minimizing the risk of falls leading to fractures.
The Juvent 1000N will soon be available in Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, where governments have approved it as a safe and effective treatment for osteoporosis.